Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snow Day

Ugh!! I hate the snow. But it gives me a reason to not go to work today. The roads are piled with mud and snow; people are scarce; and transportation is slow. The roofs of houses and the trees are covered with a white blanket of snow.

My cousin woke me up in the morning to tell me how beautiful everything looked outside. Although I'm not too fond of snow, I agreed with her. We decided that we would go outside and take some pictures.

By the time we were done, it was time for lunch. My cousin and I were ravenous and could not wait to eat my aunt's homemade Bengali cuisine. Today's special was fish curry, dal (lentils), mashed potatoes (Bengali style), and rice. Everything was delicious.

After my cousin and I finally came upstairs to our room, we were too full and lazy to do anything but lie down and read a book. She grabbed her school book and I picked up Tears of Rage by John Walsh, which I have been reading for the past week. It's an amazing read.

No comments: